Monday, July 19, 2010

Sports Update

Honey, You may or may not know this already, but I figured I'd update you on what's been going on in the world of sports over the last several weeks. I know heaven must be amazing, but down here on earth, this is as close as we get to come sometimes. At least for me, anyway.

So, LeBron and Chris Bosh went to Miami with D-Wade so they're going to look at doing some serious damage next season. Raja Bell came back to the Jazz and totally blew off Kobe. It was awesome, you would have appreciated it. Kobe was all set to meet up with him for a dinner or something to recruit him to the Lakers, and the Jazz made him an offer and he didn't even meet with Kobe. He told him sorry, but he didn't want to waste his helicopter fuel. Ha! He said he didn't want to be an insurance policy and that's all the Lakers wanted him for. He wants to be an active part in winning a championship. And with the way the Jazz roster looks now, he'll have to be a contributor. Not that I have doubts in him, he was great when he was with us before, and he was great in Phoenix. But Boozer and Korver are now with Chicago (another team who could possibly do some damage next season). We've got Williams, Kirilenko, Okur, Miles, Bell, Fesenko, and some new true center who is supposed to be really good (Williams approves of him at least).

Spain won the world cup and beat Norway for it. The USA lost to Ghana. Eh, well, even Landon Donovan didn't think we'd make it all the way.

I haven't even peeked into NFL since there are so many things going on there on a daily basis I'm sure. And I think I mentioned before that Boise State is coming to the MWC next season and Utah accepted an invitation to join the Pac-10. It's going to be sweet. USC got banned from the next 2 post seasons because of Reggie Bush's controversy in accepting gifts while was a player, so their seasons are shot, and it's going to hurt their recruitment. So this is the last official year of the MWC Holy War rivalry between the Utes and BYU and it's at Rice-Eccles this year. They're going down.

And....some retarded hockey player signed a 17-year deal with a team. 17 years? Really? We'll see about that.

I think that's all I have for now. I'm sure there's more that I've missed, but there will be plenty of time for getting everything else in.

I can picture you here now, and you'd be all over the internet and ESPN about what's happening. You would have loved watching the World Cup and all of the tennis matches that have been going on lately. You'd be getting excited for your Raider's season (and rubbing it in my face, no less) and keeping an eye on what the Utes are doing. This football season will truly be as hard for me to face as Thanksgiving or Christmas will be, and I think very few people understand that, but you and I always built a large part of our relationship around our mutual love of sports, and to have to face our favorite season of the year alone is so much more than what I think I'm up for. But, I don't want to miss it because I think it will make me feel close to you at the same time it's tearing me apart. I've come to terms with the fact that a lot of things in my life will now have that effect on me--I'll be in a state of bliss at the same time I'm in excruciating pain. It's definitely strange (that word really doesn't come close to describing this really) to experience two completely opposite emotions at the same time, and to truly feel them both. I miss you just thinking about what's coming up this fall. The last time we were at a Utes game together you told me you wanted to have a baby. The last time we watched NFL together we were with our families celebrating and having a party. There are so many thoughts that go through my mind, and my heart breaks over what I'll never have again with you.

I love you so much, and I hope that if you have time enough to keep track of this world that you're looking down on what's going on in this crazy world of sports and keeping tabs on everything. It's definitely interesting to see what happens every season, and I just wish you were here to find these things out with me. I miss you sweetheart, and I'll be thinking about you lots and lots over the next coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment